How to Build a Log Home
The Complete Guide to Making Your Dream Home
A step-by-step guide that never leaves you wondering. Covers planning, site selection, designing, building and living in your log home. Comprehensive details on log harvesting, foundations, construction techniques, notching and maintenance with detailed color diagrams & photographs so there’s simply no guesswork involved.
Our Log Home Guide Covers...
- Clear Step-By-Step Planning - this book “holds-you-by-the-hand” through the planning stage and never leaves you wondering what comes next.
- Comprehensive Land & Site Selection Advice - includes a comprehensive checklist to ensure you consider all the important, often forgotten factors to finding the perfect plot of land with extensive guidance on permits and zoning.
- Detailed Log Selection & Tree Harvesting Guidance - learn when is the best time to fell logs, picking the right size trees and log preparation methods (cutting, debarking and the right way to dry your logs so they don’t split and ruin).
- Correct Foundation and Site Clearance Techniques - follow an easy three step preparation phase, to clear your site, establish which foundation type you will use and lay your foundation.
- Tried and Tested Construction Techniques - DIY guide, with detailed color diagrams, which will make your dream log home a reality. Packed with everything a person who has never built a log home needs to know.